FUN FACTS ABOUT ME
- The 'Ger' is pronounced like Germany.
- My Bachelors of Art in Graphic Design degree is from Jackson State University (Thee I Love!)
- My mantras for life are 'Experiences over Things' and 'Present is better than Perfect'
- I am always down for boba tea!
- I love thrift shopping and putting together outfits.
- Favorite colors: Emerald, Grey, Rose Gold and Brick.
- Favorite foods: spicy ramen, lemon sorbet and vegan nachos
- I love walking, biking and hope to take up hiking (BARS!)
- I'm a big fan of Studio Ghibli, Pixar and Disney films.
“Gernelle was very sweet to work with. She captures the fun moments.”
Photography, travel & style
Being an adventure photographer allows me to combine my love of travel, art and romance. The easiest way of explaining my speciality is this; I photograph real people, in real places while they explore, have fun and fall in love.
I work hard, I love my clients & I love the life I’m creating for myself. I want the pictures we create together to remind you to live your life to the fullest. Seeing moments like these in photograph form remind us that we have an amazing life and wonderful people to be grateful for.
Half of my heart is in havana
My trip to Havana, Cuba was a turning point in my photography journey. I photographed a group of 12 people as they experienced the sights, sounds and culture of the Cuban people. We learned salsa and danced all night under the stars. We swam away from the shore and snorkeled above a sunken ship. We learned about the history of AfroCuban religion and visited the home of a Sanatorian Priest. We learned how to make Cuban cuisine and roamed the Rub al Khali Desert. When I got back home, I knew I'd never go back to generic photo shoots. I'd found my niche.