FUN FACTS ABOUT ME
- The 'Ger' is pronounced like Germany. Ok now say it with me class, 'Gernelle'.
- My mantras for life are 'Experiences over Things' and 'Present is better than Perfect'
- I am always down for boba tea!
- I love thrift shopping and putting together outfits.
- My favorite colors include Emerald, Grey, Rose Gold and Brick.
- My favorite foods are spicy ramen, lemon sorbet and vegan nachos (and more but I don't want to overload ya!)
- I love walking, biking and hope to take up hiking (BARS!)
- I'm a big fan of Studio Ghibli, Pixar and Disney films.
- I have scaring alopecia. Because of this, I love to rock wigs and sometimes I shave my head bald!
“Gernelle was very sweet to work with. She captures the fun moments.”
Photography, travel & style
I want to tell the stories of real people while they explore the world, fall in love and have unforgettable experiences. Being an adventure photographer allows me to combine my love of travel, art and romance. The easiest way of explaining my speciality is this; I photograph real people, in real places, doing real things. Even though it’s a creative job, it’s not always fun and photos. I work hard, I love my clients & I love the life I’m creating for myself. I want the pictures we create together to remind you to live your life to the fullest. Seeing moments like these in photograph form remind us that we have an amazing life and wonderful people to be grateful for.
The Trip that Changed the game
My trip to Havana, Cuba was a turning point in my photography journey. I photographed a group of 12 people as they experienced the sights, sounds and culture of the Cuban people. We learned salsa and danced all night under the stars. We swam away from the shore and snorkeled above a sunken ship. We learned about the history of AfroCuban religion and visited the home of a Sanatorian Priest. We were taught how to make Cuban cuisine in the backyard of a hardworking woman who turned her dreams of owning a restaurant into a reality. It was incredible!