“Gernelle is professional, flexible, and has a great eye with meticulous attention to detail. Beyond that, she has a heart of gold and a genuine passion for her craft. Working with her is always a comfortable and fun experience. Book her, and you’ll see why she’s become an honorary part of our family for the past 8 years!!!”
I woke up feeling grateful
Hi y'all, I'm Gernelle! Thank you for visiting my cozy corner of the internet. So much has changed since I started my business in 2015 but one thing that stayed the same is the joy I get working with my clients.
I've had experiences I never dreamed of, all thanks to the wonderful people who chose me to photograph their lives. We've explored the world, celebrated big wins and shared meals together. My clients are kindest and coolest people you'll ever meet.
I'm forever grateful.
"Gernelle gave me effortless direction that made me feel more comfortable and within 10 minutes way more confident. She is so friendly and makes everything flow seamlessly. She doesn't draw unnecessary attention like some "flashy" (pardon the pun) photographers, she really lets you be the focus in the most easy way."
"My photoshoot with Gernelle was such a blast! She chose an amazing make-up artist, and I felt very comfortable and confident. My photos came out AMAZING but the experience is what left a lasting impression."
More about Me
- My name sounds like 'Jer-nell'. I go by Elle and Nelle.
- I consider myself a soft blerd (black nerd).
- I love solo thrift shopping and creating wardrobe capsules.
- I'm happily married to my college sweetheart.
- My B.A. in Graphic Design is from Jackson State University
- If you want to make my day, take me out for ramen or boba tea.
- My mantras are 'Experiences over Things' and 'Present is better than Perfect'